Bruno and the Beach Contest!
The Beachcombers -- Canada’s longest-running dramatic TV production – turns 40 this year!
The remarkable saga of The Beachcombers—or “Beach,” as it was called by both industry insiders and the locals of the seaside town of Gibsons, BC, where the series was located—is documented in the newly released Bruno and the Beach: The Beachcombers at 40, written by one of its creators, the late Marc Strange, and one of its stars, Jackson Davies (Constable Constable).
The book’s publisher, Harbour Publishing, and the Sunshine Coast Bed & Breakfast, Cottage Owners Association, are celebrating the launch of the book and The Beachcombers’ anniversary with a province-wide contest to “win a Beachcombers Prize Package” which offers a chance to win a trip to Gibsons, the home of The Beachcombers. The contest opens on November 15, 2012 and closes on January 15, 2013.
One person will win one “Beachcombers Prize Package,” worth $550:
- One copy of Bruno and the Beach, signed by co-author Jackson Davies
- $75 Gift certificate to Molly’s Reach café in Gibsons
- $350 Gift certificate to the Sunshine Coast Bed & Breakfast, Cottage Owners Association (valid at over 100 participating B&Bs on the Sunshine Coast)
- $100 BC Ferries Experience Card
- Original Beachcombers memorabilia, including a signed copy of the last Beachcombers’ script
The contest is sponsored by the Sunshine Coast Bed & Breakfast, Cottage Owners Association and Harbour Publishing.
Ballots are available at participating retailers around BC, including:
- Albany Books (Delta)
- Black Bond Books (Ladner, Langley, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Maple Ridge, Mission, Richmond, Surrey, White Rock)
- Blue Heron Books (Comox)
- Blue Waters Book Co. (Madeira Park)
- Bolen Books (Victoria)
- Books & Company (Prince George)
- Book Warehouse (Vancouver)
- Coast Books (Gibsons)
- Galiano Island Books (Galiano Island)
- Ivy’s Bookshop (Victoria)
- The Laughing Oyster Bookshop (Courtenay)
- Misty River Books (Terrace)
- Mosaic Books (Kelowna)
- Mulberry Bush Book Stores (Parksville, Qualicum Beach)
- Nanaimo Maps & Charts (Nanaimo)
- The People’s Co-op Bookstore (Vancouver)
- Talewind Books (Sechelt)
- Woods Showcase (Gibsons)
If you don't live in a town with a particpating bookseller, you can also mail us a self-addressed stamped envelope to receive a ballot. Please send your request to:
"Bruno & the Beach" ballot request
PO Box 219
Madeira Park, BC
Contest Rules & Regulations:
** Contest opens November 15, 2012 and runs until January 15, 2012. Contest is open to residents of British Columbia only. No purchase is necessary to enter, but only one entry per person is allowed and you must be 19 years or older. The winner will be notified within 14 days of the draw. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Prizes must be accepted as awarded (no cash value) and some booking restrictions may apply. Additional transportation costs (to and from BC Ferries terminal) are not included in the prize package.
Entries must be received by 5:00pm on January 15, 2013 to be entered in the draw.