← Back to the News Archive
Heather Harbord Tours Vancouver Island with History of Desolation Sound
Posted: June 8, 2007
Although Desolation Sound is one of the most popular cruising destinations on the BC Coast, very little has been published about the history and people of this remarkable place. Author Heather Harbord is touring with a fascinating illustrated talk based on her new book, Desolation Sound: A History. She will be appearing at the following locations:
• CORTES ISLAND: Manson’s Hall on Monday, June 18 at 7:30pm. This event is sponsored by the Cortes Island Museum & Archives Society. For more information, call the Cortes Museum at 250-935-6340.
• CAMPBELL RIVER: Museum at Campbell River, 470 Island Hwy, on Tuesday, June 19 at 7:00pm. For more information, or to pre-register, call 250-287-3103. Admission is $6.00 ($5.00 for Museum members).
• COURTENAY: Courtenay & District Museum, 207 Fourth Street, on Wednesday, June 20 at 7:30pm. For more information, or to pre-register, call 250-334-0686. Admission is $6.00 ($5.00 for Museum members).
• PARKSVILLE: Mulberry Bush Bookstore, #102-280 E. Island Hwy, on Thursday, June 21 at 7:00pm. For more information, call 250-248-1193.
• VICTORIA: Maritime Museum of BC, 28 Bastion Square, on Friday, June 22 at 5:00pm. For more information, call 250-385-4222 ext. 102. Refreshments will be available.
• NANAIMO: Nanaimo District Museum, 100 Cameron Road, on Saturday, June 23 at 1:00pm. For more information, call 250-753-1821.
You can also listen to Heather Harbord on CBC Radio One's All Point's West on Monday, June 18th at 4:10pm!