← Back to the News Archive
Meet Mike McCardell at a Book Signing Near You!
November 9, 2009
Meet renowned Global BC News Hour reporter and bestselling author Mike McCardell at a series of book signings for his new book, The Expanded Reilly Method. Mike will be appearing at the following Lower Mainland locations in November and December:
• Saturday, November 14 from 10:00am-11:30am at Save On Foods Park & Tilford, 333 Brooksbank Ave., North Vancouver
• Saturday, November 14 at 1:00pm at Coles Seven Oaks Mall, 32900 S. Fraser Way, Abbotsford
• Saturday, November 21 at 12:30pm at Black Bond Books Semiahmoo Mall, 134-1711 152nd Street, White Rock
• Saturday, November 21 at 3:00pm at Black Bond Books Haney Place Mall, 141-11900 Haney Place, Maple Ridge
• Saturday, November 28 at 1:00pm at Black Bond Books Royal City Centre, 102-610 Sixth Street, New Westminster
• Saturday, December 5 from 11:00am-2:00pm at Coles Cottonwood Corner, 45-45585 Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack
• Saturday, December 12 from 1:00-3:00pm at Abbotsford Costco, 1127 Sumas Way, Abbotsford
• Saturday, December 19 from 11:00am-1:00pm at Save On Foods Park & Tilford, 333 Brooksbank Ave., North Vancouver
• Saturday, December 19 from 2:30-4:30pm at Save On Foods Pinetree Village, 2991 Lougheed Hwy., Coquitlam
Partial proceeds from each sale of The Expanded Reilly Method between October 19, 2009 and February 28, 2010, will be donated to Variety—The Children’s Charity. Global BC and Harbour Publishing have joined forces to support the fundraising drive. McCardell’s previous four books have raised over $65,000 for Variety.
Mike McCardell’s bestselling books about finding rays of pure sunshine among the dark byways of the big city have a full measure of motivational tales but this time he declares, “I have found the answer to enjoying an incredible life, no matter who you are or where you are or what you are doing or how much you weigh.”
In his 2008 book, Getting to the Bubble, McCardell described meeting the inspirational figure behind “the Method,” an autistic nine-year-old named Reilly, who had a sensationally runny nose and was perfectly convinced he could catch a fish in a polluted urban pond with a stick, paperclip and a piece of string. Over the following year McCardell tried to face down deadline terrors and impatient bosses by living by Reilly’s unshakeable faith—and found it worked. Sort of. Most of the time. If you held your brain the right way. Soon he was expanding the Reilly Method to other facets of life that had been giving him grief, and found it sort of worked there as well.
Each time the Reilly Way appears to him and leads him out of danger, his faith in it becomes stronger. Will the Method hold up? That is the question that holds The Expanded Reilly Method together as reporter McCardell stumbles from one complicated and comical situation to another. It is never quite clear whether McCardell truly feels he has found a harmonious new approach to living or if he is doing a send-up of the self-help industry exemplified by Dr. Phil and Wayne Dyer, either way, the result is both heartwarming and hilarious.
Mike McCardell has earned the loyalty of hundreds of thousands of fans for his tongue-in-cheek investigative reporting and human-interest stories. He is the author of the bestselling Chasing the Story God, Back Alley Reporter and Getting to the Bubble as well as The Blue Flames That Keep Us Warm, a national bestseller and BC Book Prize finalist.
For more information about the book signings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.