← Back to the News Archive
Crossword Book Signings in Calgary
Friday, October 29, 2010
Calgary Crossword Authority Gwen Sjogren Presents Upcoming Book Signings in Calgary:
• Saturday, October 30, 1:00 pm-5:00 pm – Book signing at Chinook Chapters (6455 MacLeod Trail). For more information please contact: 403.212.0090.
• Thursday, November 25, 11:00 am -1:30pm – Book signing at Indigospirit (317-7th Ave. SW, Unit T159). For more information please contact: 403.263.7333.
• Sunday, November 28, 12 noon-4:00 pm – Book signing at Indigo Signal Hill (5570 Signal Hill Centre SW). For more information please contact: 403.246.2221.
• Sunday, December 12, 11:00 am –3:00 pm – Book signing at Coles Market Mall (3625 Shaganappi Trail NW). For more information please contact: 403.288.1611.
• Tuesday, December 21, 2:00 pm-6:00 pm – Book signing at Coles Market Mall (3625 Shaganappi Trail NW). For more information please contact: 403.288.1611.
Gwen Sjogren started solving puzzles when she was eight and designing them in her twenties. She is now a renowned crossword workshop facilitator, and has led successful workshops across Calgary. Gwen has also been on various lively call-in radio shows offering listeners lots of solving tips and helpful info about crosswords. She is the author of four previous volumes in the Cross-Canada Crosswords series and has been featured on CBC Radio and Breakfast Television. Born and raised in Ontario, Sjogren now calls Calgary home.
For those who like their crosswords Canadian, this series delivers an all-new edition packed full of Great White Northern places, characters and things. Sjogren taps into some of her favourite themes including pop culture, geography and showbiz, and debuts new topics like acronyms, currency and journalism. Savvy solvers will greet our nation’s most beloved fictional heroine, meet the hilarious host of a famous game show and feast on some tasty Canadian confections. They’ll fly high if they know Canada’s first female astronaut and hit the nail on the head if they can name the last spike site and TV’s colourful, clutzy handyman.
Sjogren is a firm believer in the “brain gym” benefits of crosswords—here are a few titles in this collection of 50 fun-filled, crossword challenges sure to keep Canadians’ minds sharp.