← Back to the News Archive
Take a Walk around BC with Stephen Hume
November 18, 2010
Few people can write about the geography, people and history of British Columbia as eloquently and knowledgably as award-winning journalist and author Stephen Hume. His new book, A Walk with the Rainy Sisters: In Praise of British Columbia’s Places, is at once a very personal collection of essays and a fascinating exploration of the people and places that make our province unique.
Stephen Hume will be touring in BC with book signings and an illustrated lecture “In Search of British Columbia,” which blends together material from his award-winning book, Simon Fraser: In Search of Modern British Columbia, with his new collection of essays. He will be appearing at the following locations:
• SIDNEY--Saturday, November 20 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm at Tanner’s Books, 2436 Beacon Avenue (Book signing only)
• CAMPBELL RIVER--Monday, November 22 from 3:00 – 5:00 pm at Coho Books, 1074 Shoppers Row (Book signing only)
• COURTENAY--Tuesday, November 23 at 7:00pm at the Courtenay & District Museum, 207 Fourth Street. (“In Search of British Columbia” – illustrated lecture and book signing). Tickets are required.
• NANAIMO--Wednesday, November 24 at 6:30pm at Nanaimo Harbourfront Library, 90 Commercial Street. (“In Search of British Columbia” – illustrated lecture and book signing). This event is co-sponsored by Nanaimo Maps & Charts—for information, phone (250) 754-2513.
• DUNCAN--Thursday, November 25 at 7:30pm at Volume One Books, 149 Kenneth Street. (“In Search of British Columbia” – illustrated lecture and book signing)
• VANCOUVER--Wednesday, December 15 at 7:00pm at Vancouver Public Library, Central Branch, 350 W. Georgia Street, Peter Kaye Room, Lower Level. (Reading and book signing for A Walk with the Rainy Sisters).